Our Commitment to a Clean and Safe Environment
The health and safety of our team members and guests is our top priority. With that in mind, we’ve implemented a wide range of new procedures and enhanced cleaning protocols. From installing hand-sanitizing stations throughout our property to performing daily wellness checks on staff including daily temperature screenings, Merry Manor is committed to providing a safe environment for all. We are happy to note that our protocols have been deemed compliant by the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development.
General Detail Cleaning
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased for all public spaces and high-touch items. Our clean team is equipped with CDC-approved cleaning chemicals and the MotorScrubber STORM Ballistic Virus Killer Sanitizing Backpack Kit.
Guests and staff are expected to practice physical social distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups.
We have installed convenient hand-sanitizing stations throughout all public spaces of our property.
Guest Room Care
Every guest room undergoes enhanced cleaning and sanitization after each departure. Daily housekeeping services have been suspended. Please contact the front desk for any items you may need so your stay remains comfortable.
Staff Safety Protocols
To ensure staff safety, we are administering daily wellness checks for each of our team members. All staff is required to wear face coverings at all times.
Protocols and Precautions
- Face coverings are required for all guests in the lobby and public spaces.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all vendors and contractors at all times.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been installed throughout all public spaces and elevator landings.
- We have implemented enhanced cleanliness and sanitation measures in all spaces and guest rooms, including medical-grade cleaning materials.
- Common areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected with an emphasis on high-touch areas.
- All guest rooms feature windows that open to allow for increased circulation and fresh air.
- Electrostatic sprayers are being used in the guest rooms at departure and prior to guest arrival.
- All associates are temperature checked prior to their shift and required to wear face coverings.
- Air purification systems have been installed in all indoor common areas and staff offices.
- We have placed social distancing signage and floor decals in public spaces.
- We have adjusted our lobby design to allow and encourage social distancing.
- Advance room reservations are highly recommended.
Is the fitness center open?
Yes, the fitness center is open with maximum occupancy limits, adjusted hours, and air purification systems in place.
Are the pool and hot tub open?
Yes. Please see below for information about our pool and hot tub protocols.
POOL & HOT TUB PROTOCOLS
- Reservations must be made to use the pool.
- Our goal is that ALL guests will be able to enjoy the pool, but it is not a guarantee. We block pool time slots, but they can fill up depending on the occupancy of the hotel.
- Maximum capacity for the pool is 30 people.
- Reservations are made for 1-hour intervals at the top of each hour.
- We do not guarantee more than 1 hour of pool time per room.
- Keys will be available at the front desk to enter the pool area when your reservation time arrives.
- Social distancing must be observed when in the pool area and all public spaces, but masks are not allowed in the pool or hot tub for safety concerns.
- No discounts will be given if you are not able to reserve a pool time.
- Pool time is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Rooms are only allowed to sign up for 1-hour blocks unless occupancy allows for additional blocks are available.
- Guests 16 or younger must be accompanied by an adult at the pool.
- NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY
- The hot tub is limited to 10 minutes per family within your hour time slot.
- The CDC recommends that children under 5 should not use hot tubs.
- Please be mindful that others are waiting to use the hot tub.
- The hot tub is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Dial 0 to contact the front desk if guests are not abiding to the 5-minute limit.
- Guests who cannot abide by these protocols will be asked to leave the hotel without a refund.
- Please return pool towels to the bin in the pool area before exiting the pool area OR leave wet towels in the hallway so that they can be collected and washed.